Date: 8/9/17 1:34 pm
From: LINDA B RADTKE <lradtke...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Thank you to Maine Birders
Recently returned from my first trip to Maine. Was there for 9 days,
during which time my friend and I traveled up the coast. We managed to
find at least 90 species of birds, which included a number of life birds.

Visited Laudham Farm and beach to see the Least Terns and many shorebirds.
Went on a bird walk at Scarborough Marsh, during which we saw several life
birds and were thrilled when the Glossy Ibis flew overhead! Very nice
group and good leader named Noah.

We visited Biddeford where were marveled at the view and met a birder named
Mike, who taught us how to identity Storm Petrels and Guillemots.

Went on two different Puffin trips, one out of Boothbay and one out of Bar
Harbor. Many amazing seabirds and animals. And finally, spending 5 days
at Acadia National Park. Never got out to see the Tropicbird, but that is
how it goes.

I am just writing to say thank you to the people who offered suggestions,
and who helped along the way. You have a beautiful state.

Linda Radtke
Downers Grove, IL