Date: 8/8/17 8:24 pm
From: john kendall <in-bird-l...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] S. Kosciusko Co. shorebird bonanza
On the first day back from SE Arizona, I checked a couple of flooded spots that I had been watching since mid-July for shorebirds. The flooded road just N. of 400 E./900 S. has provided shorebirds several acres of habitat that includes a pond off 850 S just east of 400 E.
Highlights tonight were Short-billed Dowitchers and a Wilson's Phalarope at the latter site and Stilt, Baird's and White-rumped Sandpipers at 900 S./400 E.

850 S.just east of 400 E.:
Wilson's Phalarope-1 juv photos
Short-billed Dowitcher-2 photos
Pectoral SP-12
Killdeeer-13
Lesser Yellowlegs-3
Greater Yellowlegs-1
Solitary Sandpiper-4

900 S./400 E.  (bird both n. and south of the flooded road as you can drive to the N. side of the flooded road from the north past the road closed sign)
Killdeer-57
Semipalmated Plover-1
Pectoral Sandpiper-80
Lesser Yellowlegs-25