Date: 8/8/17 5:07 pm
From: Robert O'Brien <baro...>
Subject: [obol] Where are the shorebirds at?
well I guess. are you sure it wasn't a jaibaru?

On Tuesday, August 8, 2017, Roy Gerig <roygerig...> wrote:
> They are all northish of the offset intersection where Pintail Marsh,
Egret Marsh, Mallard Marsh and Mohoff Pond almost touch each other. For a
half mile north from the intersection between Mohoff and Mallard conditions
seem perfect now for shorebirds, and they have all been there the past few
days. To see them you can walk about 2.6 miles round trip from the Pintail
parking lot or you can walk a similar distance from Buena Vista Rd to the
north.
> This morning I saw 7 GREATER YELLOWLEGS, 3 LESSER YELLOWLEGS, 25 LB
DOWITCHERS, 50 WESTERN SANDPIPERS, 10 LEAST SANDPIPERS, a RED-NECKED
PHALAROPE, a SPOTTED SANDPIPER AND a BLACK-NECKED STILT.
> Two days ago a similar group was there, including 2 BNST. The young
RUDDY DUCK family has moved there, with 6 juveniles

> A 25 lb dowitcher is a very large shorebird
> Roy Gerig, Salem OR

Join us on Facebook!