Date: 8/8/17 11:15 am
From: DPratt14 <dpratt14...>
Subject: Swallow-tailed Kites in York Co. SC
My cousin, Wallace Foy Pratt, emailed to say he saw 4 Swallow-tailed Kites yesterday over his farm near Smyrna, in York Co., SC (southwest of Charlotte). He is not a birder in the usual sense, but knows the common birds and I doubt he would mistake 4 SWTs. I told him to try to get a photo if they show up again today. I assume these are migrating birds that won't hang around, but you never know.

Doug Pratt
Cary, NC

"How terribly strange to be seventy." -Paul Simon, "Old Friends" 1968

H. Douglas Pratt, Ph. D.
Ornithologist, illustrator, musician
1205 Selwyn Lane
Cary, NC 27511

Research Curator of Birds, Emeritus
North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences
11 West Jones Street
Raleigh NC 27601

Phone 919-379-1679
Cell phone 919-270-0857 (for travel use only)

Website: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.hdouglaspratt.com_index.html&d=DwIFAg&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=LuUmeBbOQ8S74Oy6nOMRxQ4SKxsv2p7EHqw-sPZXT0E&s=ivoxxKuIBm3OJor02YCiJzHBzorCM-k0DqFwNCf9-g0&e=

Join us on Facebook!