Date: 8/8/17 9:06 am
Subject: Bird Walk at FENCE, Thu Aug 10
Hi all,

Just wanted to get the word out about a bird walk that I will be leading
down at the Foothills Equestrian Nature Center (FENCE) in Tryon, NC this
Thursday, Aug 10. We will meet in front of the main building at 8 AM and
will finish up around 10 AM.

For those of you who have never been there, the address is *3381 Hunting
Country Road, Tryon, NC 28782*. It's about a 50 min drive from Greenville,
SC and Asheville, NC, and about a 30 min drive from Spartanburg, SC and
Hendersonville, NC. The FENCE property occupies 384 acres in the foothills
of Polk County and is protected by a conservation easement, offering a nice
mix of hardwood forest, meadow, and wetland. August can be an interesting
time to bird the area with post-breeding dispersal going on, and we
typically find things like Blue Grosbeak, Yellow-breasted Chat, Indigo
Bunting, a selection of warblers and vireos, and more. It's definitely
worth checking out if you haven't visited before!

The walk is free and open to all, and I hope to see you there!

Aaron Steed
Ventures Birding Tours
Asheville, NC

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__birdventures.com_&d=DwIBaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=JQaum9S5yOfEMk8qis6UTv8BvU45_p4eOXQsXQ5O9zE&s=qU5fGB2VnEQl1glqqIft0KKBHO9bGNHEft3H6-SSPCM&e=

Join us on Facebook!