Date: 8/8/17 9:09 am
From: Ohio Birder <ohiobirder...>
Subject: [Ohio-birds] Melanistic Red-Tailed Hawk
From a birder (Shawn D) visiting from PA.

Hello. I saw a melanistic Red-tailed Hawk this evening in Marion on
Marion-Cardington Rd. between Smeltzer Rd. and Rt. 423. The bird was perched
very close to the road before we stopped for a look, but it moved on to two
other, more distant perches before we could get a camera on it. It seemed
to be hanging around that area, though, so perhaps others could find it
there in the near future.

Posted by LISTSERV Owner, KathyN