Date: 8/7/17 4:44 pm
From: John Dillon <kisforkryptonite...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] Migrating Orchard Orioles
If you're a new or intermediate birder, you may not know that now is the time of year for groups of migrating Orchard Orioles to move through the state. Most birders know the distinctive adult male, but most of the ones you'll see in migrating groups look like the females pictured in your field guides.

Look for them in open areas with scattered bushes or other cover. If you see one or two together, keep looking for others. You may easily find seven or eight there moving through the vegetation. A couple hours ago, I had exactly 20 moving through my backyard in rural Claiborne Parish.

John Dillon
Athens, LA

Sent from my iPhone

Join us on Facebook!