Date: 8/7/17 10:10 am
From: Tom Crabtree <tc...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Interesting Empid
Bill,

Gray flycatchers have a unique tail dipping action. It drops the tail and then lifts it back up slowly. Dusky & Hammond’s will flick the tail upward. Here is a video that shows this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrZm_Z9sp5Q

Grays have a noticeably longer bill than a Dusky and the back is grayish, not olive tones like the Dusky. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Gray where I’d describe the back as Greenish-gray. They are dingy, gray birds.

That’s my 2 cents worth where Grays and Duskys are both regular inhabitants.

Tom Crabtree, Bend