Date: 8/7/17 7:56 am
From: caroline haines <chaines49...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Merlin
This morning for breakfast I had Merlin. A young one perched near the top of the big dead tree across the street from my deck and lingered for 15 minutes, preening, cocking its head, and looking generally sharp-eyed. Eventually a brazen blue jay landed in the tree, and hopped from branch to branch getting closer and closer to the Merlin. Startled, the Merlin lost its footing, did a little twirl, and landed lower on the branch. A second jay screamed repeatedly from a nearby tree, while the first jay hopped even closer to the young Merlin, who finally had enough, and flew off. Best breakfast so far this week.
Caroline Haines
Gloucester
<Songbirder...>

Sent from my iPhone-please excuse brevity, typos, or insults.

Join us on Facebook!