Date: 8/7/17 7:18 am
From: 'Jorgensen, Joel' <Joel.Jorgensen...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] RE: NOU newsletter & fall meeting registration
Nebraska birders:

Regarding the email, below, which I sent last week about the NOU fall meeting, newsletter and registration form. Jim Ochsner provided information about recent developments about Ogallala motels. Specifically, the Comfort Inn recently burned down, a new Holiday Inn Express just opened south of the I-80 interchange and the old Holiday Inn Express is now the Lonesome Dove Lodge. The hotel information in the registration forms at the links below have now been updated to reflect these changes (but hard copies sent in the mail will not be updated, obviously). Plus, a minor error was corrected. Thanks!

-Joel

Nebraska birders:
The August 2017 Nebraska Ornithologists' Union newsletter has now been sent electronically via email or mailed via the USPS, depending on how members choose to receive it, to members. The newsletter can also be found online on the NOU website at: http://www.noubirds.org/NOU/Newsletter.aspx.
The newsletter includes registration information for NOU's fall meeting which will take place in Ogallala 15-17 September. Ogallala is, of course, in close proximity to lakes McConaughy and Ogallala/Keystone, as well as other excellent birding locales. Field trips to area hotspots are currently being planned. The location and time of year should translate into some excellent birding experiences. As is always the case, non-members of NOU are welcome and encouraged to attend the meeting - just complete the registration form, send it in, show up and be prepared to have a wonderful time. The registration form can also be found by itself at this link: http://www.noubirds.org/Meetings/Registration/115.pdf
If you have any questions about the fall meeting or NOU, please send me a direct email at <nebraska.ornithologists.union...><mailto:<nebraska.ornithologists.union...>. Thanks!

- Joel, NOU President

&

Joel Jorgensen | Nongame Bird Program Manager
Nebraska Game and Parks Commission
2200 N. 33rd 68503 | 402.471.5440
<joel.jorgensen...><mailto:<joel.jorgensen...>

Join us on Facebook!