Date: 8/6/17 8:37 pm
From: Paul Sullivan <paultsullivan...>
Subject: [obol] an escape to cooler Tillamook county
I got away from McMinnville today (100 degrees on my front porch at 6 PM) to
60 degree Tillamook county.

I went to Pacific City by 9 AM and was pleased to be able to tease out 15 -
20 TUFTED PUFFINS on Haystack Rock. Also present were

200 Western Gulls

50 Brant's Cormorants

50 Common Murres

25 - 30 Pigeon Guillemots (on the water in a raft)

North of Cape Kiwanda I went down to the beach and ran into Ken Chamberlain.
We drove up and down the beach and found

175 Surf Scoters

2 White-winged Scoters

20 Brown Pelicans (my FOY)

25 Western Sandpipers

2 Least Sandpipers

4 Marbled Murrelets

Later at the boat ramp on the Little Nestucca I found

1 hen Common Merganser with a brood of 5

1 Kingfisher

2 Purple Martins

Back home 20 Bushtits showed up at my feeders.

Good birding, everyone,

Paul T. Sullivan

<paultsullivan...> <mailto:<paultsullivan...>

503-472-5306 h

971-237-4864 c

Join us on Facebook!