Date: 8/6/17 1:15 pm
Subject: Re: SC location for : The Great American Eclipse of 2017
Marc,

We are in the 21st Century. The Carolinas RBA was 20th Century. A lot of folks on carolinabirds have probably never even Heard about a phone-up Rare Bird Alert! Must have literally been 18 years ago when that was shut down.

Go to the Carolina Bird Club website and click on Quick Links. Then click Sightings. That gets you the rare sightings off eBird. Also worth it to check Photo Gallery as well. You'll find all the latest goodies such as Snowy Plover and Brown Booby now on the NC coast.

Harry LeGrand
Raleigh

Sent from my iPhone in Belem, Brazil

> On Aug 6, 2017, at 4:27 PM, Marc Breslav <mbreslav...> wrote:
>
> Hello
>
> Arlene and I are birders from upstate New York who will be in Myrtle Beach for the weekend of the total eclipse after a few days of birding on Ocracoke and the August 12 pelagic from Hatteras
>
> We are looking for a place sonically rich with birds to witness the decrease of vocalizations. A good “big sit” site since we’ll be sitting for quite a while. A place that is not gated that the feds will close when parking gets to capacity. In the band of totality and on or close to the shore. The band of totality runs from Pawleys Island South to Charleston. A short walk from parking is fine.
>
> A tall order but an interesting question I hope. Feel free if you prefer to respond off-line to <mbreslav...>
>
> Also has the Carolinas RBA been discontinued? The phone number I’m using doesn’t seem to connect. I know about the E bird RBA and of course this list.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Marc Breslav
> Hudson Valley, NY

Join us on Facebook!