Date: 8/6/17 12:27 pm
From: Marc Breslav <mbreslav...>
Subject: SC location for : The Great American Eclipse of 2017
Hello

Arlene and I are birders from upstate New York who will be in Myrtle Beach for the weekend of the total eclipse after a few days of birding on Ocracoke and the August 12 pelagic from Hatteras

We are looking for a place sonically rich with birds to witness the decrease of vocalizations. A good “big sit” site since we’ll be sitting for quite a while. A place that is not gated that the feds will close when parking gets to capacity. In the band of totality and on or close to the shore. The band of totality runs from Pawleys Island South to Charleston. A short walk from parking is fine.

A tall order but an interesting question I hope. Feel free if you prefer to respond off-line to <mbreslav...>

Also has the Carolinas RBA been discontinued? The phone number I’m using doesn’t seem to connect. I know about the E bird RBA and of course this list.

Thank you.

Marc Breslav
Hudson Valley, NY

Join us on Facebook!