Date: 8/6/17 11:05 am
From: Vicky Sroczynski <vsroczynski...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Greene Valley 83rd street fluddle shorebirds-possible Baird's Sandpiper
Hi, this isn't worth a special trip, i just wanted folks to know i have a possible Baird's Sandpiper here-since we have so little shorebird habitat around, if you are nearby and planning a stop here, would appreciate the confirmation (or not.)
This would be the first one i ID on my own and want to make sure.

it is about a third larger than nearby Leasts, black bill (not long or tapered much) and legs, and wingtips extend beyond tail noticeably. It bends down to forage lower than the leasts and one semisand. it has a streaked breastband that doesn't extend as low as on a pec, and has black spots on wing. It looks like a mini-pec but with black legs.

It is currently either resting or foragin near the spit with sleeping mallards.

Happy Birding!

Vicky Sroczynski
in Dupage County

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by: Vicky Sroczynski <vsroczynski...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)