Date: 8/6/17 7:06 am
From: Andy Thiede via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Glass Buildings and Bird Strikes

Hi Friends,
I’m seeking your advice, but realize this topic may not be 100% appropriate forCT Birds, and so please feel free to respond to me privately at: <clutchzat...>

Last week I met a business colleague at their office, asuite in a large professional building in Rocky Hill. The building has all glass tinted windows, andreflects the trees brilliantly. Definitelya death trap for birds, and indeed, while meeting with the colleague, I lookedoutside and saw a dead robin. One of the office workers indicated it’s a commonoccurrence. I’m sure if I were to walk the perimeter of the building daily, Icould gather quite a collection.

Myquestion: Does a citizen have any reasonablechance to effect changes this building’s owner could make? Perhaps there would be more clout if thebuilding was in the development stages, but this is a well-establishedcommercial office building. Sickening. Thanks for your ear.

Andy Thiede
Berlin, CT