Date: 8/5/17 2:28 pm
From: <jim_ochsner...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Mississippi Kites in Brule, NE
To Clem and all Mississippi Kite watchers.
Clem, I forgot about going to Brule Days (Brule, NE) today, Saturday, so sorry I missed you if you stopped.
So there we are, sitting on the east side of the Brule park waiting for the parade to begin (about 10:15 ) and there are these birds in the sky. Mississippi Kites! Four of them! Two are obviously juveniles still doing a lot of flapping and two are adults gliding effortlessly. We introduced the intrigued people next to us (from Omaha ) to Mississippi Kites.
The Kites remained in the area through the morning and were flying low and directly over the park after lunch.

Jim

Ogallala

Join us on Facebook!