Date: 8/5/17 1:29 pm
From: Barrett,Robert P <rbarret...>
Subject: [Ohio-birds] Osprey in Fairlawn, Summit County
While walking through the neighborhood this afternoon, we saw a soaring bird that did not look like an ordinary turkey vulture. It was also going straight west, rather than circling like a vulture. As it got closer, the distinct elbows of the wings allowed a positive ID. In 22 years in the Akron area, this is the 3rd osprey I have spotted.

Dr. Bob Barrett
216 Crouse Hall
Department of Geosciences
at