Date: 8/4/17 4:38 pm
From: Joan Lentz <joanlentz...> [sbcobirding] <sbcobirding-noreply...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Semipalmated Sandpiper at Bird Refuge this a.m.
Hi All:
Run don’t walk to the last viewing platform at the Bird Refuge to see great close up views of this rare shorebird. For those of you who are feeling your way through shorebird i.d., this is your chance to get up close and personal with peeps. Of course, I’m not sure the bird is still there, but it’s so easy to see, once you know what to look for. I’m guessing that it might stay another few days, or maybe I’m wrong? Take photos, it’s that close! Also, a chance to compare juvenile Westerns with this juvenile Semi. Look for the shorter, stubbier bill on the Semi. It’s not as short as some I’ve seen, but you can get close enough to see the difference from the longer, tapered bill of the Westerns.
And, let’s hope more waders will drop in to this place. Water levels are perfect.

Joan Lentz

------------------------------------
Posted by: Joan Lentz <joanlentz...>

<*> Your email settings: