Date: 8/4/17 2:11 pm
From: Jonathan Lutz <jlutz...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Paton Center Update - August 4, 2017
Greetings from the Paton Center for Hummingbirds!

Monsoon season is in full swing and we're seeing a nice bump in the number
of visiting birders and tour groups. We're also grateful for 2 excellent
birding festivals happening in the region this month: the Southwest Wings
Birding & Nature Festival (in progress) and the Southeast Arizona Birding
Festival (August 10-13). The following reminders will help make sure your
upcoming visit goes smoothly:

The Paton Center is open 7 days a week, from sunrise to sunset. There is no
overnight parking allowed. All viewing areas are currently open, including
the front yard, backyard, and the Richard Grand Memorial Meadow.

Public restrooms are located 0.3 miles away in Patagonia Town Park
(opposite the Wagon Wheel Saloon). There are no public restrooms at the
Paton Center.

The Paton Center site rules are as follows:
- No smoking on the premises
- Dogs must be leashed and well-behaved
- Maintain a respectful distance from birds and bird feeders
- Respect the privacy of the caretaker's residence
- Do not use audio playback to attract birds
- No flash photography
- Remain on paths and in designated viewing areas
- Practice Leave No Trace ethics: pack out what you pack in

The Paton Center remains free and open to the public, though Tucson
Audubon's continuing efforts to improve the site for the benefit of birds
and birders is dependent on voluntary donations. Tour guides--please
consider donating on behalf of your group, or encourage your tour
participants to donate individually. The donation receptacle is located
adjacent to the guest sign-in station in the backyard viewing area. Thank
you for your support!

Finally, please stay abreast of the weather forecast. As many of you know,
we're experiencing a very wet monsoon season. Even a modest afternoon rain
shower is capable of creating flash flood conditions in Sonoita Creek.
Crossing the creek during flood conditions is not recommended and there is
no alternative public route to or from the Paton Center.

As always, if you're planning a trip to the Paton Center and have
questions, please contact me during business hours (520) 415-6447 or via
email, <jlutz...> Visit and interact with the Paton Center on
social media and online: www.facebook.com/patonhummingbirds,
www.tucsonaudubon.org/patoncenter.

Happy birding!

Best regards,