Date: 8/4/17 1:55 pm
From: Paul Sullivan <paultsullivan...>
Subject: [obol] Sheridan sewage ponds - todays birds and a memoriam
I've been getting down to the Sheridan Sewage ponds lately to check on the
fall shorebird migration.

July 7

1 Black phoebe

3 Least sandpipers

July 14 w Harry Fuller

1 Black phoebe

20 Least sandpipers

3 Western sandpipers

July 20 w Tom Love, Russ Namitz

(when I asked permission, Darry Davis told me he was on sick leave and I
should ask his second-in-command. Later we met Steve, and he told us Daryl
had serious lung cancer.)

1 Blue-winged teal

2 Green heron

July 28 w Russ Namitz

2 Green heron

2 Least sandpipers

1 Spotted sandpiper

3 Long-billed Dowitchers

1 calling Wrentit - first for this site

1 Y-b chat

1 Bonaparte's gull

Aug 4

1 Greater yellowlegs

1 Spotted sandpiper

1 Least sandpiper

7 Western sandpiper

3 Red-necked phalaropes - first of the season

When I called Steve today, he told me Daryl passed away yesterday. He had
planned to retire this fall.

It is through the permission of Daryl that we got photos of the Pomeraine
jaeger at the Sheridan sewage ponds. It was his permission that let me find
the Long-tailed Duck that graced our Christmas count last year. There were
many more good birds we enjoyed because of him. He was a good man. May he
rest in peace.

Paul Sullivan

Join us on Facebook!