Date: 8/4/17 11:50 am
From: Sharon Turner <sharxxturner...>
Subject: [VTBIRD] Red-breasted/common Merganser cross in Mount Tabor
Behind a house at 259 Brooklyn Rd.., Mount Tabor. next to the white rocks State park in the Green Mountains National Forest. The house has otter creek in the yard with plenty of brush by the creek and in the yard with many trees both deciduous and conifer, and many areas of tall grass and wildflowers. There was a pair of birds drifting on the water with merganser bodies and head and bill. There was a definitive red eye and red/brown bill and there was brown/gray on the back, and a brown head. I had about 5 seconds in very good binoculars to see the birds before they quietly drifted into a patch of weeds in the creek. Next time, if there is a next time because the house is for sale, I will bring a camera to this unique wildlife viewing habitat that has been display to rare sightings of birds and even a moose in labor. I wonder if they are a common/red breasted cross because of the time of year I am seeing them. Any questions or thoughts please email me at sharxxturner@switched
.com

Sharon Turner
<sharxxturner...>

"Don't cry because its over.