Date: 8/3/17 6:58 pm
From: <Bigrocketman...>
Subject: [obol] Juvenile Goldern-crowned Kinglets

For the past two days, there have been a couple dozen Golden-crowned Kinglets going through the trees and shrubs in my yard. I have large Douglas firs overhead, sword ferns, indian plums and many other shrubs below. They appear to be mostly or entirely juveniles, as none have any markings on top of the head and just a small, black stripe across the eye. Some have a lighter shade of grey on the head and neck. At times, they formed tight groups on the ground, hunting insects in the grass and several did begging displays with wings outstretched. They seemed fearless and I could approach within 10 feet and cause no alarm. I'm located just a short distance from fir-covered foothills, at the Southern end of the Willamette Valley.

Steve McDonald

http://flickr.com/photos/22121562@N00/
http://www.vimeo.com/user458315/videos

POST: Send your post to <obol...>