Date: 8/3/17 6:44 pm
From: Cherrie Corey <cherrie.corey62...>
Subject: [VTBIRD] Warblers and foraging turkey vultures (Marlboro)
Thanks to Walter’s post, I got myself out at dawn this morning and was rewarded by a small flock of warblers foraging about the yard and field-edge trees. Two black-and-whites clearly ID’d and a number of very drab CFW’s that I couldn’t discern in the low light. We’ve also had regular visits from a turkey vulture who has been landing and foraging in our lawn and mowing. Today it was joined by two more and they sat and walked about the mowing for some time. Two appeared to be mature and the third likely a first year, so maybe a family?

Also have been enjoying the tentative forays of a recently fledged broad wing who regularly comes up next to the house and pines away through the windows.

Cherrie Corey
Marlboro, VT

Cherrie A. Corey
Naturalist and photographer