Date: 8/3/17 4:02 pm
Subject: Kentucky Warbler in Spruce Pine area
Did some “deck birding” at my cabin the first two days of August and saw some small pre-migration flocks. In three flocks saw a Blue-headed Vireo, several Black and White Warblers, a Black-throated Green and two Black - throated Blue Warblers, and two Hooded Warblers. The Hoodeds may have been locals which came up to look at the flocks. I had (nonbirder) company and missed getting on a few other birds in the flocks. Later, when there was much activity with feeder birds, a Kentucky Warbler flew up from brush below the deck for an eye level view. Checked my Magee Marsh field notes from this May and didn’t see a Kentucky Warbler there or elsewhere so it is a first of year sighting for me.

The action at the feeders seems to have increased. This year in addition to the usual seed eaters I have had regular visits from a Chipping Sparrow and a male Indigo Bunting. Perhaps more open areas on the Mountain?

Bill Haddad
Spruce Pine, N.C.
Sent from Mail for Windows 10

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.avast.com_antivirus&d=DwIFaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=DBaA3MscopGkMVpW0DR3wt9To5CYsnPejgyQKJi5viY&s=1PyXlb_7n-xf4f39AWNDaoA4NVM0TNjVZcf39ysuLJ4&e=

Join us on Facebook!