Date: 8/3/17 5:31 am
From: Bill Baker <oldquarryadventures...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Seal island Tropicbird report
Red-billed Tropicbird success 5/9. The waters were very active on the way
out to Seal island. Many Gannet and Wislin's Storm-petrels. Also
suprisingly, about 6-8 jaegers, mostly parasitic, but potentially 2
pomarine. Most seen in my 4 years of puffin trips. Also, a similar
situation with Manx Shearwater with at least six individuals seen. Also, 2
Great Shearwater and a single, distant Sooty Shearwater. Saw most
shearwaters sitting on water foraging. Rafts of razorbills and occasional
puffins. The island was still loaded with great cormorants, atalntic
puffins and arctic terns. The Red-billed Tropicbird put on a good show
after flying aroun for 10-15 mintues then landing on the water allowing us
to idle within 30 feet. He will probably only stay around for another week
or two. I had been attaching pictures but I have not been seeing them on
the site?