Date: 8/3/17 2:10 am
From: Homer Hansen <hhansen...>
Subject: RE: [AZNMbirds] SEAZ: Cochise Lake, Willcox - Water Situatuion - Please Respond Off-list
I wanted to provide an update and say thank you to those of you who wrote
and called about Cochise Lake. The outpouring of concern and information
about how you spent your time in Willcox has had an impact and starting this
past Friday, effluent is once again being discharged to Cochise Lake. This
combined with the recent monsoon rains has already raised water levels well
past what they were just 6 months ago. It has been a slow start for
migrants to start congregating (my suspicion is that it is taking time for
the microorganisms, etc. to recover), but numbers are slowly returning.

For those who have an interest in writing, please continue to do so and copy
me with any correspondence. It has been the correspondence from those who
visit from out-of-town that has had a significant impact - this information
is very important and will continue to help raise awareness.

Thank you again,
Homer Hansen
Willcox/Tucson, AZ