Date: 8/2/17 7:23 pm
From: Tom Hildebrandt <thildebrandt...>
Subject: RE: [AZNMbirds] SEAZ: Green Kingfisher, Painted Buntings at San Bernardino NWR; Whitewater report
Just a quick note to let folks know the green kingfisher continued today for 3 of us at the house pond at Slaughter Ranch. First seen at the east end of the pond it moved over to the west side where it hung out in the dead branches drooping from some cottonwoods there. Water is very murky everywhere due to high runoff, but perhaps the house pond is ‘less’ murky than other areas so the kingfisher can find food there. I saw it dive repeatedly from the west side cottonwood branches. It was too far away to see if it caught anything or not.
Good Birding,
Tom