Date: 8/2/17 7:12 pm
From: zzedpowers <in-bird-l...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Eagle Marsh, Ft Wayne
I stopped by Eagle Marsh after lunch, and impulsively decided to make the three-mile hike around the Continental Divide Trail. It was warm when I started, and seemed warmer as I went along, but turned out it was about the same temperature at start and finish.

When I reached the main impoundment at the west end, I could see shorebirds across the way, but I hadn't lugged my scope, so most were too far away to identify.

Eagle Marsh, Allen, Indiana, US
Aug 2, 2017 1:10 PM - 3:45 PM
Protocol: Traveling
3.0 mile(s)
Comments: 85 F, partly cloudy, light wind
33 species

Canada Goose 21
Mallard 42
Blue-winged Teal 1
Double-crested Cormorant 3
Great Blue Heron 18
Great Egret 29
Turkey Vulture 2
Bald Eagle 1
Red-tailed Hawk 2
Killdeer 3
Lesser Yellowlegs 4 Birders are often cautioned to be careful using leg color to identify shorebirds feeding in mud. These gray-legged birds puzzled me until I zoomed in on my photos and saw there really was yellow under the mud.
Ring-billed Gull 6
Mourning Dove 2
Ruby-throated Hummingbird 1
Belted Kingfisher 3