Date: 8/2/17 1:57 pm
From: <lorilee415...> [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply...>
Subject: [SFBirds] Seeking ID Assistance with a Finch
This morning in Lafayette Park I chased around this bird that was hanging out with house finches. Its white belly and general lack of striping is what stood out to me. After reviewing pictures I concluded it was an oddly colored house finch. Then I couldn't leave enough alone and reverted to my old habit of flipping through my guides in search of something interesting. On further review I think the side view of its head might show a little bit of brow and malar striping. I have other pictures -- unfortunately mostly of its butt. Any help is greatly appreciated. I'm not great with my finches.

Lori Lee
SF, CA

http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S38444278 http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S38444278

Join us on Facebook!