Date: 8/2/17 12:47 pm
From: Steve Hosmer <sjhosmer...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] CEAZ: Glendale Recharge Ponds - Semipalmated Sandpiper
Within a few minutes of seeing the listserv report for the Tricolored Heron at
the Glendale Recharge Ponds this morning, I was in the car and rushed down to
the ponds. I got there just in time to find out from Robert Bowker that the
Tricolored Heron had flown off … I missed it by about 15 - 20 minutes. I
checked the recharge ponds and the riparian trees along the New River, but
could not find the heron. Perhaps it will be there tomorrow morning?

I did, however, find a juvenile Semipalmated Sandpiper on mudflats at the east
side of Pond 3 (NW pond). Pictures and description of the sandpiper I saw are
in my eBird checklist. Pond 3 has very good shorebird habitat right now.

Take care and good birding.

Steve Hosmer
Anthem, AZ