Date: 8/2/17 12:36 pm
From: Tom Arny <tarny...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Chiricahuas - Portal/Onion Saddle Rd
I reported a few days ago that the road from Portal up to Onion Saddle was washed out just above the Paradise Rd intersection and that the Forest Service was considering closing the road. That has not happened. I drove up there this morning (Aug 2, 2017) and, while the wash-out is still fairly deep, I think a car could, with care, get across. Iíll probably not try myself for a few more days.
While checking the road status, my wife and I did a little birding. It was very quiet (no warblers or other special birds), but we did have a pair of Montezuma Quail cross the road a few hundred feet east of the Paradise Rd intersection.
Tom Arny
Box 545
Patagonia, AZ 85624

tarny AT theriver.com