Date: 8/2/17 10:27 am
From: cjbabbitt cjbabbitt <cjbabbitt...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Tricolored Heron-Glendale Recharge Ponds
The heron was spotted about 7:15 a.m. Serendipitously, about 10 minutes after I spotted it, Rob Bowker joined me. Rob had originally found it (presumably the same bird) a couple of weeks ago. We watched it for a while but when we moved to try to get in a better position for photographs it flew off. It may be best to look for it early in the morning. It was in basin #3, the one with the good shorebird habitat. It is a good looking bird with a nice white plume on the back of its head. Its disruptive coloration can make it hard to see as it stands along the bank.

The two Caspian Terns continue. There were about 10 Greater Yellowlegs and several Long-billed Dowitchers. Also, a handful of Western Sandpipers among many Least.

Charles Babbitt

Phoenix