Date: 8/2/17 10:15 am
Subject: Piping Plover in Greensboro
The Horse Pen Creek mudflats on Lake Brandt have been growing steadily
better in the last week, with several species of shorebirds, including a
Piping Plover (third Guilford County record) this morning. At the same
location there have been several interesting waders recently, including a
White Ibis which was also still seen this morning. Here's a link to an
ebird checklist from this morning including a distant photo of the Piping
Plover. https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ebird.org_ebird_view_checklist_S38442594&d=DwIBaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=ymRCw6Q-sBitug_rdeO1Tokz-I_SX2LQN2_Ocvlal9U&m=WD4XP9koCz-628Ki0PlrJ_3kNf2EZsGwQMFI2ObeYd0&s=K_kq2qPBnn1PMFMIPlZTfp-v0aCWWLj_WO6pZB6iqw0&e=

The Piping Plover is color banded, several of us that saw the bird this
morning are going through our photos to get the combination so it can be
reported.

Andrew Thornton
Julian, NC

Join us on Facebook!