Date: 8/2/17 8:32 am
From: <diannaricky...> [sbcobirding] <sbcobirding-noreply...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Early? Lincoln's Sparrow
We have a Lincoln's Sparrow in our yard, which I first noticed at our seed feeder on Monday, July 28. At first I was not certain it was a Lincoln's Sparrow because the glimpse was fleeting, but it had the proper markings and a sparrow-like bill. This morning Don saw it feeding on the deck and a short time later I saw it at the same seed feeder, and I did get documentary photos, good enough for a positive ID anyway. I thought it was early in the fall for this species, so checked Lehman's Birds of Santa Barbara County, and he indicates they usually arrive in mid-September and are very uncommon at feeders.

Dianna Ricky
Santa Barbara

Join us on Facebook!