Date: 8/2/17 4:07 am
From: Joel Geier <joel.geier...>
Subject: [obol] Sutton/Baker Beach
Hi Dave, Alan and all,

Thanks for these clarifications. By coincidence this place just came up
a few days ago in family discussions, and it turns out our kids have
their own name for it: the Death March beach.

It's definitely a long haul through and over dunes via the Sutton Creek
access, plus a creek crossing along the way. But once you get there it's
a great beach for birding -- a regular sandpiper Serengeti at times.

And usually there aren't many other beach-goers to contend with. Which,
I suppose, is why Snowy Plovers like it too.

Happy birding,
Joel

> Subject: [obol] Re: fire on coast
> Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2017 14:29:26 -0700
>
> Both of you are correct. The road is called Baker Beach. And
> there is a Sutton Beach access too. But it's the same beach. The
> south end is Sutton Creek just north of Driftwood motel, and the
> northern end ends at Heceta Head. The Baker Beach portion is the
> north end, but there is no official beginning and end to either beach.
> We call it Sutton Beach for the plover project, but our team will use
> the term Baker Beach too, especially if we are talking about the north
> access.
>
> Cheers
> Dave
>

> On 8/1/2017 10:52 AM, Alan Contreras wrote:
> > The road is called Baker Beach Rd. so that's the name lots of people
> use. There is a separate access a couple of miles south that goes to
> the mouth of Sutton Creek.
> >
> > Alan Contreras
> > Eugene, Oregon

POST: Send your post to <obol...>