Date: 8/1/17 9:28 pm
From: Diane Drobka <sunny1az...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Holy Cross Monastery welcomes birders!
I drove down to the monastery today and visited with some of the people living there who were all very friendly. I told them that the birding community was unsure of current and future access given the news articles about a potential closure and movement of the monks.
The caretakers said that it will remain open and those living there (except for the monks) are allowed to stay. She said to tell all the birders that they are very welcome to come and explore the birding trails and enjoy their facilities:
Lodging is available for $60 per person double occupancy and includes meals. Camping (trailers, not tents) is $20 per night and includes restrooms with showers. For an extra $20/day, you can also get the meals.
This is great news so I wanted to share with all of you.