Date: 8/1/17 7:15 pm
From: John Winebrenner <in-bird-l...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Pigeon River FWA
    I decided to bird Pigeon River today, slowly cruising through parts of Lagrange and Steuben Counties. For being in the heat of Summer, the birding kind of surprised me, giving me a total of 61 species. Nothing really rare, but still a pretty nice list of birds ...

Canada Goose  27
Wood Duck  1
Great Blue Heron  5
Great Egret  6    Mongo Millpond, south of boat ramp
Green Heron  1
Turkey Vulture  4
Osprey  2    1 on nest at Waterfowl Resting Area, 1 on Curtis Creek nest
Cooper's Hawk  1
Red-shouldered Hawk  1
Red-tailed Hawk  2
Common Gallinule  7    Area D Marsh - 3 adults and 4 young
Sandhill Crane  5
Killdeer  4
Rock Pigeon (Feral Pigeon)  4
Mourning Dove  15
Belted Kingfisher  1
Red-bellied Woodpecker  2
Downy Woodpecker  6
Hairy Woodpecker  2
Northern Flicker  2
Pileated Woodpecker  3
Eastern Wood-Pewee  14
Acadian Flycatcher  2
Willow Flycatcher  1
Eastern Phoebe  2
Eastern Kingbird  17    Including a few pair with young
Yellow-throated Vireo  1
Red-eyed Vireo  2
Blue Jay  10
American Crow  4