Date: 8/1/17 4:54 pm
From: <BFisher928...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Re: urban birds survey
Perhaps this was posted to IBET before by others, but just in case...
It's a long term study. Chicago is the only Illinois city in the survey, so
perhaps the city birders on IBET/ilbirds would be interested in completing
the survey.

Regards
Bob Fisher

In a message dated 12/12/2016 5:08:31 A.M. Central Standard Time,
<bonierf...> writes:
I am a biologist at Queen's University in Kingston, Ontario. My
collaborator, Paul Martin, and I are studying adaptation in urban birds, and are
seeking help from birders and ornithologists around the globe to identify which
of our focal species breed in the largest cities, worldwide.

We would appreciate it if you would consider completing our survey if you
are familiar with the birds of any of the cities on our list (all with
populations >750,000). The survey should take less than 10 minutes for one
city. You can find more information about our study, a complete list of focal
cities, and links to the surveys here:

http://post.queensu.ca/~pm45/urban.html

Please feel free to email me with any questions, and please share this
link widely!

best regards,

Fran Bonier

Fran Bonier