Date: 8/1/17 1:46 pm
From: Brian Gibbons <thehornedguan...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] SEAZ: Tucson Morning Flight 1 August 2017
Hi Birders

I had a great flight this morning, I believe a yard record 53 Western
Tanagers flew over!

I was out from 5:40 - 7:40, most action was from 6-7, I was also out in the
darkness around 5 am and heard almost nothing flying over so daylight seems
important to get these birds low enough to be seen and heard.

Approaching peak flight time when I detect the most migrants, the second
week of August.

Migrants These are birds that are only seen in flight, generally appear
from the north and head south, sometimes passing just feet over the house.

Western Kingbird 12
Bank Swallow 2
Cliff Swallow 1
Northern Mockingbird 3
Phainopepla 4
Warbler sp 2
Chipping Sparrow 7
Lark Sparrow 40
Lark Bunting 1
Western Tanager 53
Black-headed Grosbeak 12
Lazuli Bunting 5
Hooded Oriole 2
Bullock's Oriole 12
Passerine sp 15 (med-large birds probably W Tanagers, Orioles and BH
Grosbeaks)

170 total migrants