Date: 8/1/17 12:23 pm
From: Diane Meiborg <dianemeiborg...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Kaneville Buffie YES; BIll Dunteman YES
My husband Roger and I were lucky enough to find one buff-breasted sandpiper at the Dunteman Turf Farm in Kaneville this Tuesday morning around 11 am. Lots of sun, heat waves and sprinklers made it really hard to see what was out there. The buffie flew up and to the left of all the killdeers and we could not relocate. Not a lifer for us but a cool bird.

While we were looking, a guy drove up in a pickup truck and asked what we were viewing. That lead into a discussion about migration and other general birding topics.  We then discovered that we DID have a lifer when he told us he was Bill Dunteman. Our talk continued, including the ID of two TVs lazing in the sky above his field, his crops, and local birders' respectful viewing of the birds on his property. Nice talk, and great to put a face to a familiar name.

Diane Meiborg
Wheaton, DuPage County

Join us on Facebook!