Date: 8/1/17 10:43 am
From: Joel Geier <joel.geier...>
Subject: [obol] Re: fire on coast
Hi all,

I was confused by the initial mention of Baker Beach, so I appreciate
Dave Lauten's clarification that this is the same place that I've long
thought of as Sutton Beach.

Can confirm, I've seen Snowy Plovers on just about every visit during
nesting season (though that's a small sample), going back to 1998. As of
2006 there were signs identifying the upper beach as a plover nesting
area.

I'd guess that any plovers there aren't at much risk from the fire,
considering their habitat preference. Fire suppression activities could
perhaps pose a threat.

Good birding,
Joel

Dave Lauten wrote:

Baker/Sutton Beach is an actual Snowy Plover nesting area, albeit one

that is not as busy as others, but nonetheless, a nesting site......

--
Joel Geier
Camp Adair area north of Corvallis

POST: Send your post to <obol...>