Date: 7/31/17 5:41 pm
From: Bev via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Backyard observations
My Orange backyard is busy with common birds. But the bird baths are the big hits. I have several bowls around the yard. Each one has a waiting line. Some are on the deck railing, some on the ground in my flower beds. One Robin comes every afternoon around 3-3:30 to bath. The cardinals- juveniles & adults wait their turn. The titmice use the shallow ones. Goldfinches fight over drinking rights. I have to change the water in them several times daily.
If one wants to attract bees & butterflies, agastache is the plant to get. Last year after planting them , within 5 minutes bees were all over them.honeybees & bumblebees.amazing how they communicate the location of flowers. Today there was a snowberry clear wing on the butterfly bush.
Bats are out now , not as many as In previous years though.
Just enjoying local nature.
Bev propen, Orange.