Date: 7/31/17 1:19 pm
From: Wise, Jon <Wise...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] Mississippi Kites in Jefferson Parish
While we are on the subject of kites, I wanted to report my observations this summer of what I perceive as greater than average numbers of Mississippi Kites in Jefferson Parish in the area between West Esplanade and the lake, where I live and bird frequently. Just in my neighborhood over the past month, it has not been uncommon to see double digits of kites in the air and/or on telephone wires, particularly on Avron Boulevard. I saw at least six over my house yesterday, including at least two juveniles. I love these birds and look forward to them every summer, but I have not seen this many in my area as long as I have been watching. It is not uncommon to see several in one block, sitting on the telephone wires as if they were mourning doves. They don't seem the least concerned with the human or car traffic below them.

Interestingly, I have also started seeing them riding the thermals from my office in downtown New Orleans- not in as great a number, but lately 3-4 at a time. This is a fairly new phenomenon for me, as I am more accustomed to seeing Cooper's Hawks and the odd vulture (and Peregrine's in the winter) downtown.

[http://www.chaffe.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Chaffelogocombo-1.jpg]

Jon W Wise | Partner
1100 Poydras Street, Suite 2300
New Orleans, LA 70163
o: 504-585-7549 | f: 504-544-6137

chaffe.com<http://www.chaffe.com/> | linkedin<http://www.linkedin.com/company/chaffe-mccall-l-l-p-> | bio<http://www.chaffe.com/professionals/Jon-W-Wise/> | vcard<http://www.chaffe.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Jon-W-Wise.vcf> | email<mailto:<wise...>
<http://www.chaffe.com/attorneys/english/Jon-W-Wise.html>

Chaffe McCall L.L.P. CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail transmission, including attachments, if any, is intended for use only by the addressee(s) named herein and contains confidential and/or privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail or telephone and delete the original and destroy all electronic and other copies of this message. If you are the intended recipient but do not wish to receive communications through this medium, please so advise the sender immediately.

Join us on Facebook!