Date: 7/31/17 10:59 am
From: Chris Mccreedy <cristofolos...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] Pima and Santa Cruz/ No birds, post-Sawmill Fire observation
Yesterday while driving north of Sonoita I observed some signs of recovery
following this spring's Sawmill Fire (and perhaps additional fires that I
am unaware of).

If you are looking for a fun expedition I would suggest heading this way,
perhaps on your way to get to Patagonia. Due to the good rains, and to the
fire taking out all past years' grass cover, the hills in this area are
covered to the gills with an incredible green carpet of grass. I am
crossing my fingers that it is not bufflegrass, and I am eager to find out
what it does to the grassland bird species' numbers this fall and winter.

I hope those that use eBird submit lists from these grasslands in coming
months. For those that love botany, good scenery and photography, it really
is quite spectacular right now.

McCreedy
Tucson