Date: 7/31/17 10:08 am
From: Bob Archer <rabican1...>
Subject: [obol] Yet another bird puzzle
When I first saw this bird at Summer Lake yesterday I thought it was an
Upland Sandpiper. The very tiny head and about the right size. But it has
no rear end. Maybe it lost its tail. Then I thought it might be some type
of rail out on the water, It appeared to walking on the grass rather than
wading. As you can see it was right in the sun, darn hard to see
anything. I would have sworn it had a curved bill but I do not see it in
the photos. And it seems to be wading not walking. Too fat for a Lesser
Yellowlegs. Is this simply missing a tail or am I forgetting someone
obvious? If you can't see these, I will have them in my blog I will
publish tonight about the trip.

Join us on Facebook!