Date: 7/31/17 5:47 am
From: robirdman <robirdman...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Chat gallery
And the last of the updated warbler galleries is the Yellow-breasted Chat.

Some people were probably wondering why I devoted so much time to the
one at Montrose this spring, but the species was one of my most poorly
represented, with only 12 images in the old gallery. At first this one
was very uncooperative, and attempts to get closer just resulted in it
moving further away. After I observed its pattern, I suggested that
another photographer go around to the direction it was headed. Then it
went back and forth between us. After a while it appeared to realize
that these pretty sedentary people meant no harm, and got more and more
comfortable with people and it changed from an extremely flitty bird to
one that was quite fearless, often approaching closely. I thus spent
several days concentrating on this bird, to the almost exclusion of
everything else, knowing that having only about 12 good shots in
decades, I should make the most of the situation. So I probably took
over a thousand shots, a record for a single individual, knowing that
such an opportunity may never repeat, on this near nemesis species for
me. After several weedings of the results I made tiffs of a reduced
number and then redid the gallery.

http://theearlybirder.com/warblers/yb-chat/index.htm

Rob Curtis

Chicago