Date: 7/31/17 5:34 am
From: Becky Marvil <bmarvil...>
Subject: [Maine-birds] Stella Walsh
On Saturday morning, my dear birding friend Stella Walsh passed away due to
complications of cancer which she had been fighting for years. She was my
birding buddy and good friend for many years, always up for a birding trip.
that is until the last few years as her health declined, and I spent more
time visiting her and her cat Gracie, at her apartment in Yarmouth. But as
she struggled with cancer and failing health, she still stayed connected
with many of us through Facebook, emails, and text messages. She was my
encyclopedia of knowledge, often scoffing at me for asking her too many
questions. She'd laugh and would say "Google it Becky!" And then she'd
google it for me. She had a big heart, always thinking of gifts for others,
or prepping food for CBCs, or taking cookies to events, or working on
Merrymeeting Audubon postings, or answering bird emails sent to Maine
Audubon. She entered MANY USGS bird records, and MANY eBird reports for
Peter Vickery. She spent endless hours birdbanding and working on islands
with tern colonies and puffins. And all of these activities were volunteer,
never asking for anything in return. I'll miss all the bird discussions we
had, our Sunday morning waffles, our birding excursions, her cat Gracie, her
biscotti, the constant texting any time of any day, her crankiness, her
laughter, her generosity. These memories will always be with me and I'm
happy to have been a part of her amazing life. Rest in peace Stella.

Becky

Becky Marvil

Yarmouth, ME