Date: 7/31/17 5:06 am
From: Greg Majewski <gamajewski...>
Subject: [IN-BIRD-L] Eagle Marsh Highlights 07/30
I took advantage of the beautiful weather and rode to Eagle Marsh
yesterday, first stopping at the Serv-All ponds:

2 Pectoral Sandpiper
1 Solitary Sandpiper

East End, Barn Road Entrance:

2 Caspian Tern - flying low over the marsh to the west, but even at a
distance their huge orange bills were obvious.
1 Common Gallinule (juvenile)
Many Purple Martins, Barn, and Bank Swallows

I rode west on the Towpath Trail trying to relocate the terns, and I found
them hunting over the pond behind the water facility. Several Great Egrets
were with them. Further down the trail at the pump road I had:
Dozens of Pectoral Sandpiper
3 Least Sandpiper
2 Solitary Sandpiper
2 Spotted Sandpiper
2 more Caspian Terns on the mudflat in the main impoundment
1 Bonaparte's Gull, confirmed by Rodger Rang after my poor binocular views
left me a little bit in doubt

Greg M
Fort Wayne

Join us on Facebook!