Date: 7/30/17 7:23 pm
From: James Sherwonit via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Griswold Point, Jul 30, 2017, saltmarsh sparrows and white-rumped sandpiper
This afternoon we kayaked from neck road boat launch to Griswold point. We found 5 saltmsrsh sparrows along the back river between the  ramp and Griswold point. Also one white-rumped sandpiper in a mixed flock of peeps on great island.

Jim and Jan SherwonitOld saybrook
Full ebird report below.Photos on ebird too.

Griswold Point, New London, Connecticut, US
Jul 30, 2017 4:28 PM - 6:28 PM
Protocol: Traveling
1.0 mile(s)
25 species

Double-crested Cormorant  2
Great Egret  5
Snowy Egret  4
Osprey  X
Semipalmated Plover  X
Least Sandpiper  3
White-rumped Sandpiper  1
Semipalmated Sandpiper  X
Greater Yellowlegs  3
Willet  2
Herring Gull  6
Least Tern  X
Common Tern  X
American Crow  2
Fish Crow  1
Purple Martin  1
Tree Swallow  X
Bank Swallow  1
Barn Swallow  X
Marsh Wren  5
European Starling  8
Saltmarsh Sparrow  5    Will add photos.  We kayaked from smith neck launch area. One was on the left heading out toward Griswold point. One on Griswold island. Two in the marsh between Griswold island and the black river. Two on great island along the back river south of the boat launch at smith neck.
Seaside Sparrow  2    Heard only
Song Sparrow  4
Red-winged Blackbird  X

View this checklist online at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S38399925