Date: 7/30/17 7:09 pm
From: <flyingcarlini...> [NEBirds] <NEBirds...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Black-bellied Whistling Duck beauties Sun. 7/30
Hello birders,

Got our eyes full of 3 spectacularly handsome Black-bellied Whistling Ducks this afternoon on a pond just north of Lincoln, thanks to some eBirders giving a thoughtfully concise description of the location on their checklists. With summer being a little slow for birding we sure appreciated fellow birders sharing great stuff like the Brown Booby and Virginia Rail and wanted to pay it back.

The pond is a few miles north of Hwy. 34 on the little "no outlet" road W. James that runs east from NW 27th (a link to the map is on the checklist link below). There's also 2 dozen domestic waterfowl and 3 dozen Canada Geese hanging out on that pond.

We ran into a couple that lives on that road who know the species from Texas and they said the BBWDs have been there since about a month ago when they first saw 4, then the ducks left and 1 returned and now lately they've been seeing 3.

Link to eBird checklist photos with photos:
http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S38401641 http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S38401641

Shari Schwartz & John Carlini, Lincoln

Join us on Facebook!